Date of Death: 12/31/1840
Cause of death: Froze to death
Fair Charlotte was a frozen corpse
And a word she no more spoke.
Her flesh had become like fine china
And just as easily broke.
Disobeying her mother's wishes,
Charlotte literally skated on thin ice.
Falling through the crack beneath her feet
she paid the ultimate price.
So next time you don't listen to your parents,
think of the dreadful sight
Of poor little frozen Charlotte,
rotting in the lonely cold winter's night.
- She is based off of the "Young Carlotta" poem.
- She is one of the most popular dolls in LDD's history.
- She is one of three dolls to wear skates, and the only one to wear ice skates (the other 2 are Lulu and Peggy Goo).
- She is in one of the LDD '2 figurines series".
- She was supposed to be in the seventh series of minis, but it was canceled.
- "Frozen Charlotte" was a style of popular Victorian doll made out of solid white china and occasionally sold in a tiny coffin-shaped box. The legend around these dolls was that Charlotte was a girl who travelled by sleigh to a winter ball, but who was unwilling to wrap up warmly so as not to cover her pretty gown. When she and her beau arrived at the ball, she was found to have frozen to death.